ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE: FRT) today announced the pricing of its public offering of $175 million aggregate principal amount of 3.25% senior unsecured notes due 2027. The notes were offered at 99.404% of the principal amount with a re-offer yield of 3.323%. Interest on the notes will be payable on January 15 and July 15 each year, beginning January 15, 2018. The notes will have the same terms and be of the same series as the notes that Federal Realty issued on June 23, 2017 and, upon consummation of this offering, Federal Realty will have a total of $475 million of such notes outstanding. The offering is expected to close on December 21, 2017, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC acted as joint book-running managers for the offering. Citigroup Global Markets Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, PNC Capital Markets LLC, Regions Securities LLC, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., TD Securities (USA) LLC, and U.S. Bancorp Investments, Inc. acted as co-managers for the offering.
Federal Realty intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to redeem all of its outstanding 5.90% Notes due 2020 and for general corporate purposes, which may include, without limitation, paying down the outstanding balance under its revolving credit facility.
The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and an effective registration statement (including a prospectus), which have been filed with the SEC. A copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus for the offering may be obtained by contacting (i) Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, Attention: Prospectus Group, or by calling 1-800-503-4611 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, (ii) Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC by calling 1-866-471-2526, (iii) Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, NC1-004-03-43, 200 North College Street, 3rd Floor, Charlotte, NC 28255-0001, Attn: Prospectus Department, Email: email@example.com, or (iv) Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, 608 2nd Avenue South, Suite 1000, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402, Attention: WFS Customer Service, or by calling 1-800-645-3751 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may get these documents for free by visiting the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.
About Federal Realty
Federal Realty is a recognized leader in the ownership, operation and redevelopment of high-quality retail based properties located primarily in major coastal markets from Washington, D.C. to Boston as well as San Francisco and Los Angeles. Founded in 1962, our mission is to deliver long term, sustainable growth through investing in densely populated, affluent communities where retail demand exceeds supply. Our expertise includes creating urban, mixed-use neighborhoods like Santana Row in San Jose, California, Pike & Rose in North Bethesda, Maryland and Assembly Row in Somerville, Massachusetts. These unique and vibrant environments that combine shopping, dining, living and working provide a destination experience valued by their respective communities. Federal Realty's 104 properties include over 2,900 tenants, in approximately 24 million square feet, and over 2,000 residential units.
Federal Realty has paid quarterly dividends to its shareholders continuously since its founding in 1962, and has increased its dividend rate for 50 consecutive years, the longest record in the REIT industry. Federal Realty shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbol FRT.
Safe Harbor Language
Certain matters discussed within this press release may be deemed to be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Although Federal Realty believes the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be attained. These factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors described in our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on February 13, 2017, and include the following:
- risks that our tenants will not pay rent, may vacate early or may file for bankruptcy or that we may be unable to renew leases or re-let space at favorable rents as leases expire;
- risks that we may not be able to proceed with or obtain necessary approvals for any redevelopment or renovation project, and that completion of anticipated or ongoing property redevelopments or renovation projects that we do pursue may cost more, take more time to complete, or fail to perform as expected;
- risks that we are investing a significant amount in ground-up development projects that may not perform as planned, may be dependent on third parties to deliver critical aspects of certain projects, requires spending a substantial amount upfront in infrastructure, and assumes receipt of public funding which has been committed but not entirely funded;
- risks normally associated with the real estate industry, including risks that occupancy levels at our properties and the amount of rent that we receive from our properties may be lower than expected, that new acquisitions may fail to perform as expected, that competition for acquisitions could result in increased prices for acquisitions, that costs associated with the periodic maintenance and repair or renovation of space, insurance and other operations may increase, that environmental issues may develop at our properties and result in unanticipated costs, and, because real estate is illiquid, that we may not be able to sell properties when appropriate;
- risks that our growth will be limited if we cannot obtain additional capital;
- risks associated with general economic conditions, including local economic conditions in our geographic markets;
- risks of financing, such as our ability to consummate additional financings or obtain replacement financing on terms which are acceptable to us, our ability to meet existing financial covenants and the limitations imposed on our operations by those covenants, and the possibility of increases in interest rates that would result in increased interest expense; and
- risks related to our status as a real estate investment trust, commonly referred to as a REIT, for federal income tax purposes, such as the existence of complex tax regulations relating to our status as a REIT, the effect of future changes in REIT requirements as a result of new legislation, and the adverse consequences of the failure to qualify as a REIT.
Given these uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements that we make, including those in this press release. Except as may be required by law, we make no promise to update any of the forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. You should carefully review the risks and risk factors included in our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 13, 2017.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/federal-realty-investment-trust-prices-175-million-reopening-of-its-2027-senior-unsecured-notes-300568748.html
SOURCE Federal Realty Investment Trust